Thursday, June 18, 2009

Honor's Awards

We are so proud of Emma and her diligence with school this year. I am proud of each of my kids, they have such a positive attitude about school (most of the time) and work so hard toward good grades. We came into another new school, the third one in three years. A new state, new friends, new teachers, new expectations. Jamie and I couldn't be more proud of their accomplishments.

Emma and Taylor made Honor Roll, Miles missed it by one B. I have to admit, I was a little confused by the system the school uses to determine Honor Roll. In elementary school the students have to maintain all A's and all E's in conduct. This can be a challenge especially for little one's, Emma was awarded a medal and certificate for her persistence.

In middle school, the criteria is just as difficult. Students are allowed only one B for the year. One B, the rest have to be A's. That's a pretty tough standard to meet. I know in college getting A's and B's is considered Dean's List material. Which is difficult enough. So I told Miles not to be discouraged, he made the Dean's List in my book for maintaining all A's with 2 B's.

We weren't able to make the Honor's Banquet for Taylor, but cheered for Emma at school during the Honor's Assembly. Emma received a Good Character Award too. I know I'm their mom, but I think my kids are awesome! I can't wait until next year.

Checking the List

Proud Parents

Proud Emma

Emma & Tommy (her friend)


No comments: